A cookie is a piece of information in the form of a very small text file that is placed on an internet user's hard drive. It is generated by a web page server, which is basically the computer that operates a web site. The information the cookie contains is set by the server and it can be used by that server whenever the user visits the site. A cookie can be thought of as an internet user's identification card, which tell a web site when the user has returned.
What cookies do we use?
- You stay logged into your account, so you can continue shopping undisturbed;
- The items in your shopping cart are saved;
- The information you fill in during the ordering process is saved, so you do not have to fill in your details every time you place an order;
- Saving your preferences;
- Saving your settings for optimal image and video display;
- Detecting abuse of our webshop, by means of registering unsuccessful login attempts, for example;
- Distributing availability of our webshop evenly;
- Ability to store data, for example the data to log in from your account;
- Remembering the amount of the items ordered by you, after you are referred to our shop by a third party.
- Keep track of the number of visitors to our webshop;
- the length of time you are online;
- see what order you are exploring the webshop;
- optimizing the usability of our webshop.
Interests from you:
In order to obtain this measurement value, we use the following cookies:
- Registering your visit to the webshop;
- Obtaining information from third parties;
- Discovering how you ended up in our webshop;
- analyzing what you have viewed.
Setting up advertising spaces
We are engaged in selling items. To stimulate this, we buy advertising spaces on various websites. We try to arrange these spaces as well as possible so that it complements your interest.
The cookies we use are:
- Which advertisements you have seen in the past, to prevent customers from seeing the same articles every time;
- How many customers click on the ad, and then settle this with the party to which the ad space belongs;
- It is possible to keep track of whether you have placed an order via an ad space, in order to be able to settle this with the party to which the ad space belongs.
Each article is accompanied by buttons so you can share or recommend the article on your social media. In order for the buttons to work, social media cookies are used. These cookies ensure that your page is recognized by the relevant party, so that you can share the article when you want to.
The cookies that make this possible:
The cookies of the social media party, so that you can share or recommend the article on social media. Your account will be recognized by this party, so you can immediately share the information you want to share.
Please note! For the cookies of the social media party, please refer to the statement of the social media party in question. They can change their statement regularly, without having to mention it.
Other / unforeseen cookies
Due to the way the internet and websites work, we may not always have insight into the cookies that are placed by third parties via our website. This is particularly the case if our web pages contain so-called embedded elements. These are texts, documents, images or videos stored by another party, but which are displayed on, in or via our website.
Should you encounter cookies on this website that fall into this category and that we have not mentioned above, please let us know. Alternatively, please contact this third party directly and ask which cookies they place, the reason for this, the lifespan of the cookie and how they have safeguarded your privacy. You can reject or delete a cookie at any time by adjusting the settings of your browser.
Enabling and disabling cookies and deleting them
If you have any questions or comments regarding cookies
The information about cookies needs to be updated regularly, because the rules regarding cookies may change or because the webshop has made changes. Should there be any changes in the list of cookies and the content of the statement, we can change this at any time and without prior warning.
If you have any questions or comments about our cookies, please contact our customer service.
Last updated on: 6 May 2019